-=PCTechTalk=- Re: msn messenger

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 19:37:53 -0400

yes it does! thank you!!
Cris
----- Original Message -----
From: Trevnal
To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, September 27, 2003 1:06 AM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: msn messenger

If you remove the "hide", on any entry, it then allows it to show up in add
and remove programs , under the windows section.  That is why I said be
careful with what you then remove.

I removed the word hide from every entry, and then I found many things I
could remove, but some I had no idea what there were etc, so I left them.
it allow me to remove things like Messenger, Media Player etc.  So that is
why I said be careful, don't delete from the list, what you are not sure
about.

Hope that helps,

Trevnal
From: Trevnal

If the follow the following information, you can uninstall MS Messenger and
a few other things in XP, just be careful what you delete though.

Edit sysoc.inf.  This file can be found in a folder named INF, which is in
the
 C:\WINDOWS\inf folder.  You can open that file in notepad.  Look for the
following line:  msmsgs=msgrocm.dll,OcEntry,msmsgs.inf,hide,7

On all entries that has hide, remove the word hide, but leave the comma's.
Now you can remove the files in add/remove programs.

Once you have told Windows to remove Messenger, you can then delete the
files from the program files folder also.

As I said, just be careful on what you do delete after you can see the
programs listed.

Trevnal