-=PCTechTalk=- Re: capture devises/video cards and memoroy question

  • From: "Scott" <millop69@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 23:22:02 -0800

Hi Christine.
Ok this is what I gathered from our earlier conversation.

1. You ran a scan on the memoryx site and it said that you have 512mb of RAM
and that you have ONE slot available.
2. That you should be able to maximize the RAM in BOTH slots so that you
have a total value of 1gig of RAM..
To me this means that your machine and mine are similar in this respect.
That we both have 2 slots for DDR memory sticks, and that the max we can
have between those 2 slots is 1gig of memory. 2x512mb=1024mb or 1gigabyte of
RAM.
As far as the speed of the memory goes, what yoiur machine calls for is
PC2100 DDR memory. The speed of all memory is rated in megahertz and PC2100
runs at 266mhz.
By the way, I never found the sticks I pulled from my machine that I
mentioned. Sorry.
I hope I'm not confusing you. Obviously if anyone else thinks I'm off base
here, please let me know.
So as far as I can tell, what you wuold need to buy to get the full gig is
one more stick of 512mb PC2100 DDR RAM. Adding more memory will definitely
enhance the performance. Thats why I maxed mine out.
Have a good nite, Scott.