-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Still Ram problem

  • From: "nightsneak" <nightsneak@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 03:18:07 -0500

GMan,

For your enjoyment and clarification ;-)

I have one stick of 512MB DDR PC2100 in the first slot.

My info is:

This is my new mobo:
http://www.ecsusa.com/K7S5A.cfm

and the Processor is an AMD Athlon Processor @ 1.15GHz
Athlon 4/MP/XP (Palomino) 1G+1.5-1.75V

I know the specs for the mobo say that a max stick can only be 128MB, but
http://www.crucial.com/store/listparts.asp?model=K7S5A+%28Rev+1%2EX%29&Detai
lMB=Y&cat=RAM

says that it will take a 512MB stick.

I run Windows 98SE.

Drive is in 9 partitions, jus' like you told me back a while ago ;-)

C:\ Windows 98  5GB
D:\saved for dual boot of Windows 2K when I get around to it... 5GB
E:\Program Files-98  5GB
F:\saved for dual boot of Program Files-2K  5GB
G:\2K &98 Swap File  1GB
H:\Email  20GB
I:\My Docs  20GB
J:\My DL Files  19GB

Give it your best shot....LOL

BTW, did you find the info you needed on that old mobo? I, or my neighbor,
have some very old spare parts if any of that will do any good. Also found a
renter here that is a new computer repairman, and tosses all KINDS of good
stuff in the dumpster!!!!  I really need to go talk to him and tell him to
set it outside my garage first!

nightsneak