-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Removable Disk (G:)

  • From: "GMan" <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2007 16:08:18 -0400

Lil,
    Actually, she IS correct.  It's not the printer that's showing up as
drive letters, it's the card reader built into the printer.   I have the
same slots built into a front panel fan controller and they do the same
thing.  I disconnected them in order to get rid of the extra letters.

Sandi,
    If you have no use for these card readers, you can remove them from
Windows' 'view' by opening up Device Manager (located in Control Panel's
System applet) and looking through the listing for them (since I'm able to
simply unplug them from the mainboard, I don't have a better reference for
you).  Once found, open up the propertie sheet for the device(s) and Disable
it at the bottom of the first tab.  The letters should disappear on your
next reboot.

Peace,
GMan