-=PCTechTalk=- Re: [Re: [Re: Printer trouble]]

  • From: Hank Adams <hdka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:32:01 -0500

Hi, My webcam uses the same port and it works fine, I have changed
the cable to the printer, One time it installed the driver when I
booted up. If the printer is turned on and I reboot it makes a sound
so I know it is hearing the computer, The computer just can't find it.
It is here beside it, Stupid computer.
Yours Hank

"GuitarMan" <PCTech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hank,
    One of the most overlooked problems is the cable.  Try pulling and
reseating the printer cable on both ends.  If that doesn't help the compu=
ter
recognize the printer on startup, try replacing it with a known, working
cable (borrow one from a friend if you don't already have a spare).  Also=
,
make sure that the cable you are using is of the correct type.  Many
printers, even older ones, require a special printer cable that allows
communication to flow both to the printer AND from it.  They are called
Bi-Directional and have the code IEEE-1284 stamped along the length of th=
cables.

Peace,
G Man

PCTechTalk Owner