-=PCTechTalk=- Re: [Re: [Re: Printer trouble]]

  • From: "GuitarMan" <PCTech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:44:00 -0400

Hank,
    Open up Windows Explorer and look near the bottom of the left pane for a
folder called Printers.  Inside, see what printers are currently installed.
If you see the Epson in there, right click on it and make sure there's a
check mark next to the "Set As Default Printer" line (the exact wording may
be slightly different).  As long as the printer's drivers have been
installed and this check mark is present, you should be good to go.

    If the above conditions have already been met and there's still a
problem with it, the original WinME install may have not run as smoothly as
it should have and a second wipe/reinstall may be in order (keeping in mind
that if a bad install caused one situation like this, there are most likely
others that have yet to rear their ugly heads).

    Let me know whether the conditions are already in place or whether the
advice here helped.

Peace,
G Man

PCTechTalk Owner