-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Quick question on Reg Keys???

  • From: "Col een" <coliope@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Feb 2004 16:05:23 -0500

<snip>"When I tried to close Spysweeper it ask am I sure, The following are
Active: Browser Home Page Shield, Memory Shield, I couldn't find how to remove
them so I closed and rebooted and run Spysweeper again and didn't find anything
but got the same when I tried to close it. Do you know what is
happening?"</snip>
If you click "yes" after getting that message asking if you are sure, it will
close the program. If you click "no", then minimize the program, it will be
minimized to your system tray and stay running.  If you leave it running in
your tray, it will alert you if it detects something on your system and ask if
you want to "scan now" to remove the offender. It takes about 30 minutes to
scan my system so I don't usually want to interrupt what I am doing to stop and
scan, so I choose to scan later. Also, it will alert you if your IE homepage is
being changed and will ask you if you want to allow the change or keep it set
to your page. If you have closed the program instead of minimizing it, you
won't get these alerts. (The program will still pick up the offenders when you
choose to run a scan, it just won't interrupt whatever you are doing to tell
you about them and ask if you want to 'scan now". )

Question for all - I have SpySweeper, Nortons, and SpyBot S & D installed right
now and when I do a full scan with any of them it takes about 30 minutes. Is
there anyway to make a scan skip certain folders that I know don't need to be
scanned like my Adobe Photoshop files which take forever to run through? If I
scan with everything, then reboot and rescan, the whole process would take at
least 3 hrs. Can't spend 3 hrs a day scanning the pc - is there anyway to speed
this up?

Coleen