-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Pirate XP Problem

  • From: "Trevnal" <trev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:06:49 +0100

I am not 100% sure of the differences myself.  All I know is to use the
upgrade version, you must have Win 98 or NT4(?)  or newer Operating systems.
it is cheaper, and as you ay is used as a carrot.  I think it is so MS will
sell more copies of the newer Operating system, especially to those that
have older ones, as they make no money out of you once you  already own a
Operating system.

As I have never used a upgrade OS, I can not say if it does camp with a
licence number (serial number) for the install or not, but I would guess it
must do really.

I like many others would suggest that you install a fresh OS to a clean hard
drive (no OS installed already).  So if you own a Windows 9x CD, Inc ME,
then the upgrade version of XP would be fine and cheaper for you.

Hope i am not confusing anyone!!

Trevnal