-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Pirate XP Problem

  • From: "Andy" <barneystorm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 13:56:01 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "DON WHITNEY" <don.whitney2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> =0D
> Well, since your friend doesn't have any software installed, why not just=
>  format the hard drive, install W98, and get an XP Home upgrade. Seems to=
>  me the best and cheapest way to go.

There is software installed now-quite a lot too..I've put Zone Alarm, AVG
Anti Virus, Open Office, Win-Amp Win Zip plus quite a bit of other
stuff..nothing I don't have on disc  and can re-install without any major
problems, just the time it takes.

Looks like a clean XP Home install is the way to go, but do I have to
install 98 first? When you install XP, doesn't it only ask you to put in the
W98 disc and/or ask you for the licence code?

I'm not looking to cut corners here, but the quicker i can do this, the
better!!

Andy