-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Pirate XP Problem

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 08:07:13 -0400

Yes... but, with the full version, I can't see if it'll let me install an
upgrade even if I don't have it actually installed. In other words, with the
upgrade CD, if I try to install, and it doesn't find 98 actually on the HD, it
should ask for the 98 CD just to make sure you have it. If not, it won't
install. But, with the full version, if you try to do the upgrade and it
doesn't find an installed copy of 98, it'll just install from scratch. Hence, I
can't try what we're trying to figure out.
---Troth

  From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

  > I'm actually readying one of my systems for a reinstall. I'm going to try
  it myself and see if it works. That is, if I can find an UPGRADE version, as
  opposed to the full version I already have.

  Doesn't the full version act as an upgrade version as well?

  Andy