-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Outlook Express Question

  • From: GMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2007 03:42:33 -0500

Don,
    You can't confuse ME that easily.        hehe

    The problem here is that her Reply function is malfunctioning and trying
to use the wrong address without that wrong address being specified in the
first addy's preferences.  For example, the addy I use for this group
(GMan.PCTT@xxxxxxxxx) is set to use itself as the reply addy.  However,
about 3 months ago I discovered that replying to a certain collection of
older posts would bring up a reply window that was using one of my other
addys.  Each of these affected posts brought up the same unwanted addy, even
though I have 11 email accounts set up in OE.  Instead of just clicking
Send, I had to first make sure it was being sent through the correct addy.
Once in a while, I would forget and the reply would bounce right back to me
twice.  The first was an unaccepted post to a subscription based group (like
I wasn't a member) and the other came through the moderator address as a
non-member submission to the group awaiting my approval.  What a pain!
lol

Peace,
GMan

"The only dumb questions are the ones we fail to ask!"