-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Norton GoBack - Plus Bargain on $80 GB Hard Drive $20 after rebate!

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2005 19:32:26 -0700

Actually I ran into the same exact thing and thought the program was
nuts.... but alas...it was not...haha!

The key is the word contiguous space.

You are correct in thinking that CleanUP and then the disk optimizer will
help a lot.

The new Go  Back can take up to 8 GB  (or is it 10GB? read the instructions)
of disk space (on each "Physical" hard drive )-  for backup...so.. unless
you want to leave yourself with only 6 Gb... you might consider reducing the
amount of space Go Back can have..or.... get a larger hard drive.  When  you
only have 14 GB available, having 8 GB of contiguous space could be hard to
come by.

By the way.....   Fry's Electronics has this week... an 80 Gb hard drive for
only  $19.99 after a $35.00 rebate.  Interestingly, the Outpost.com site
(which is their online store) has the same drive for $24.99 after a $35
rebate.   they also have external hard cases on sale.  Funny, the case cost
more than the hard drive.   WE got a ZDisc for $30 no rebates.  It has a
small fan and its own power.    By the way, Hitachi is very fast with their
rebates  Amazingly, so is Symantec.  It is usually a 2-4 week turnaround
time.  I have been amazed at how fast they are.  Guess I should count my
lucky stars.

Another hint for Go Back users..(also Partition Magic)  It cannot backup a
drive it cannot see.  My external drives are NOT seen by either of these
programs.  I need to know how to make then viewable.  Something with the
setup or bios?

Have a happy,

Rose
Las Vegas