-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Need to revert jpg back

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 07:52:44 -0400

I'm glad you found your solution!
and shared it!!! I would have done the
same thing if I was installing it!
CrisS
----- Original Message -----
From: Judith
To: pctechtalk
Sent: Monday, September 22, 2003 5:04 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Need to revert jpg back

After futzing for 2 hours with this issue of PSP8 taking over
my jpgs and opening it in their program, I found the solution.
I had to tell the program to **knock it off** and then reset my
file associations.

It seems when installing they ask "what files do you want
associated with this program?"  Well thinking it meant will I
be using (pulling into) the program file extensions that end in
jpg, bmp, tiff, etc., I placed a check mark by them.

Little did I know this meant instead of opening in IE like they
usually do -- they would now open in PSP 8.  This is enough to
p*ss off a pope because I did not want PSP to take over my
entire computer and open every time I clicked on a jpg to view
it.

And just right clicking the jpg and changing the file
association did not work.  I had to go into PSP8 and uncheck
boxes under File, Preferences, etc.

So all I AM saying here is when installing new software make
sure you know what the software is asking.  Dang I lose it
when something simple turns into complicated.

Judith