-=PCTechTalk=- Re: MS NET Framework update

  • From: Disastar <disastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 03:15:37 -0500

Hmm, and apparently some people are having problems installing KB951847.
See these two messages (they are in the same thread):
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1233328930
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1233423144
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/1233541841
Umm, this one sounds real bad:
http://forums.techarena.in/windows-update/1112404.htm
And this one shows a possible problem with AVG Antivirus:
http://www.tech-linkblog.com/2009/01/microsot-released-kb951847-out-of-cycle
-for-january.html/

http://forum.soft32.com/windows/KB951847-ftopict380359.html

There seems to be a lot of people that don't think they need it.  Or rather
they don't think they have v3.5 installed, but many don't seem to know for
sure.  I'm wondering that since v3.5 requires v3.0 and v2.0 that maybe they
are using this to update anyone with v2.0, v3.0, or v3.5.  Pretty cheap way
to get people to get all the versions.

Ed