-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Living on the pension

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 15:32:50 -0700

paragraph and forget about it.  Until you need it.... hopefully never.  I
think of it like insurance.  I have it for peace of mind and never plan to
collect.  If I do NOT have it I KNOW I will be sorry!  This is ALL just my
own humble opinion based on my own experiences.

There are only a couple of things to set... (the amount of disk space to
allot for it the backups..up to 4 GB I believe, per physical drive - if you
have a drive partitioned into 3 segments/partitions for example, that is
still one physical drive and the limitation is still the 4 GB.)

I would strongly suggest one good backup.  Then, install Go Back.

Please keep in mind, this is NOT the same as SYSTEM RESTORE.  I run both,
System Restore and Go Back.  If I only need the SYSTEM restored, I do that.
If I need to recover lost files or other things, I then use Go Back.  You
can 'go back' and restore just one single file if you need to.  Say you were
working on a document and you changed something and saved it with the same
name, and now you want back your document the way it was before you changed
it as you have this 'perfect' paragraph you want to use./.. Go Back will let
you go back and get that document from an earlier time.  (Of course, this is
limited to the 4 GB of disk space allotted for backups.  If you use your
system a lot and the document was a month ago, it may well not be there.
But, if it is something you did earlier today..or yesterday... (probably as
long as my physical memory in my head would remember a document.hahaha!)  it
will probably be there.

The $25.00 price I found at Amazon.com is one of the cheapest I have seen
lately.  You will typically get the disk and the serial number on the disk
cover/envelope and the small manual with it.  It ill be missing the box and
the UPC code as well as the title page for the manual.  This means the
seller kept them for rebates.  I do not care much about that as when I
upgrade I typically have enough proofs of purchase to cover that issue.  The
disk itself can be used as proof of purchase for the rebate.  I have even
called Norton about the rebate and told them I was afraid to mail the disk
as if I had a problem I would not be able to go back to the previous version
until I got a disk replaced.  The guy gave me his name and told me to send a
photocopy of the disk in and put his name on it..and he also said he put it
in my file so it would be accepted.  And it was!  I got my rebate.

 I bought one for my granddaughter's PC for $17.85 back in March of this
year.  I often Check E-Bay and Amazon.com for these things.  I buy many for
my family members.  It saves me hours of work later when they want me to fix
their computers...especially when they are 450 miles away!  I call it
Mom/Grandma protection! haha!

I just check E-Bay.  They have several for sale.  One has a $9.99 BUY NOW
price!  $10 to buy  - $10 to ship.... $20 total.
One is $15 (new sealed in box)  to buy and $5 to ship.
http://search.ebay.com//search/search.dll?from=R40&satitle=GoBack

There is a WildFile Go Back, but I never heard of that and I do not
recommend it.  I know nothing about it.

Go forth... and Go Back...haha!  OK..I knew it was silly, but I could NOT
contain myself...

ha-ha!

Hugs,
Rose