-=PCTechTalk=- Re: I've lost my sound (Chronological order...)

  • From: "GMan" <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2007 00:50:17 -0400

HB,
    Thanx for the welcome back, my friend.       :O)

    You're not just looking for teeth marks.  During the move, it's possible
that one or more of the wires experienced some kinking that may have broken
a wire without leaving any easy clues as to its location.  If you 'pinch'
the wire between your thumb and index finger near one end and slide along
the length of the wire towards the other end, you may be able to discover an
internal break in one of the wires under the insulator.  Unfortunately, the
most common place for these types of breaks are at either end of the wire
where it's difficult to repair.

    In any case, if the speakers are still under warantee, check with the
maker's site to learn about their return policy.  Even if you don't need to
use it, it's still good info to track down, just in case.

Peace,
GMan