-=PCTechTalk=- Re: I've lost my sound (Chronological order...)

  • From: "GMan" <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 5 May 2007 01:33:45 -0400

HB,
    That 'pop' you hear tells us that the circuitry inside the subwoofer is
working fine and is being sent to at least one of your speakers.
Unfortunately, that pop is nothing more than a power spike (a DC signal, to
be precise) that occurs when the circuitry is suddenly disconnected from its
power source.  You won't hear proper audio sound from the speakers unless
the circuits can also send AC signals through the wires.  My guess is that
something is shorting out the signal from your computer before it reaches
the subwoofer.  Check the wires between your computer and sub before
focusing elsewhere.  If you find a damaged area, consider cutting out the
bad section and splicing the remaining wires back together.

Peace,
GMan