-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Isabella in Portsmouth va

  • From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 17:52:34 -0400

wow -
I heard from my neice in virginia beach, and she said around them is some
pretty serious damage - but they lucked out for some reason - I think I
mentioned - a little siding and some water thru window cracks on the sides.
My husband talked to his friend in N.C. and he finally heard about his place.
supposedly, a screen on a deck door blew off but was there! He is back off of
the ocean - I guess sort of behind some dunes. but they said just a short
distance - south of them, got hit really bad, so it sort of came in south of
him, around him and up north - so the boys are still heading down Oct. 1st to
play golf - amazing -But I gather lots of roof's from the homes on the ocean
blew off - or at least lost their shingles. so - I said, does that make him
ocean front now?
Where was it - I saw on the news, that an island lost its bridge, so can only
be accessed by a ferry now???

My mom has emhasema and is on oxygen. about a year ago they put her on liquid
oxygen - she wasn't happy about it - that means she is getting worse, and it is
different. But ! in a power outage, I don't have to worry that she doesn't have
electricity to get her oxygen to her. It is just a large tank filled with it,
and a valve that dispenses it as she breathes. She still has an electric one,
in case she runs out of her liquid. That would be very frightening to not have
oxygen when you needed it. My mom can't go long at all now without it - I'm
glad the man is ok and it all worked out so great! and the ambulances could get
thru! Mother nature sure is an odd one!

crisS