-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Isabella in Portsmouth va

  • From: Poppy0206@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2003 18:01:42 EDT

In a message dated 9/23/2003 5:48:20 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> My mom has emhasema and is on oxygen. about a year ago they put her on
> liquid oxygen - she wasn't happy about it - that means she is getting worse,
> and
> it is different. But ! in a power outage, I don't have to worry that she
> doesn't have electricity to get her oxygen to her. It is just a large tank
> filled
> with it, and a valve that dispenses it as she breathes. She still has an
> electric one, in case she runs out of her liquid. That would be very
> frightening
> to not have oxygen when you needed it. My mom can't go long at all now
> without it - I'm glad the man is ok and it all worked out so great! and the
> ambulances could get thru! Mother nature sure is an odd one!
>
> crisS

Hi cris,

My dad had severe emphysema as well.  Unfortunately, he passed away last
December from sarcoma of the lungs a rare lung cancer.  He had a tumor in his
windpipe from the lung to the windpipe.It is hard to watch someone suffer with
breathing problems.  I have asthma/allergies myself and it is scarey not to
breathe.

christine