-=PCTechTalk=- Re: How many "Desktop"s is enough??

  • From: RMB White <roguer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:28:41 +1200

 Greetings Gman ! and Eddie B,
and thanks for yr invaluable advice.

However, I do not KNOW which account I have booted into, and sometimes it's
different depending on which boot I am wearing.

Is it REALLY NECCESSARY for me to have all these different Desktops?? and if
not, how do I delete all except ONE (without deleting the stuff recorded
under the others??)

Roger W.

On 17/08/2009 6:22 p.m., Gman wrote: Hi Roger! The one that you are
'supposed' to see is the one associated directly with the 'User Account'
you've booted into at the time. So, if you boot into your personal
'R.M.B.White' account, you'll be using the one located at C:\Documents and
Settings\R.M.B.White\Desktop. This location of your hard drive is not
necessarily where 'everything' is stored, but it does contain the files used
by the registry that 'personalize' that User account's visual, auditory,
etc.experience. If your Desktop is experiencing an issue where it can't
remember which one it is supposed to provide at bootup (i.e. you boot into
Windows as 'R.M.B.White' and it shows the Administrator Desktop wallpaper),
then your system appears to be afflicted with a severe personality disorder.
On the other hand, if you simply get a different Desktop by logging in under
different accounts, that is a perfectly reasonable experience since each
Usercan easily be set up with different options. Does this
explanation/disclosure point us in any specific direction other than down?
Peace, Gman http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php[1] "The entire future
ofhumankind is yet to be written" ----- Original Message ----- From: "R. M.
B. White" <roguer@xxxxxxxxxx>[2] To: "pc techtalk"
<pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>[3]Sent: Sunday, August 16, 2009 11:39 PM Subject:
-=PCTechTalk=- How many "Desktop"s is enough?? at odd times different
Desktops appear, so I did a search for Desktop and found 375 !! Admittedly
many of these were ".ini"s, but also included (with \Desktop" being the last
in each path) were "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator", ditto
".....\All Users" ditto ".....\Default User", ditto ".....\R.M.B.White",
ditto "........\User" "C:\Docs and Settings\R.M.B.White\My Documents\MY
DOCUMENTS\Drive(C)\Docs and Settings\User"
"C:\WINDOWS\System32\config\systemprofile" "E:\My Documents\Drive (C)\Docs
and settings\User" "F\ " QUESTION: Will the real Desktop please stand UP !
Any help gratefully appreciated Roger W
separate PCTableTalk off-topic group, send a blank email to:
pctabletalk+subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[10]
8.5.392 / Virus Database: 270.13.58/2305 - Release Date: 08/15/09 18:10:00

--- Links ---
   1 http://www.thevenusproject.com/index.php
   2 mailto:roguer@xxxxxxxxxx
   3 mailto:pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx