-=PCTechTalk=- Re: H E L P ! I E will not go to a web page

  • From: ~OoO~ <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 22:29:43 -0500

I despise ISP's that tell you to remove SP2 and then don't bother
telling you to put it back on if the problem was corrected with SP2
removed. I hope they've told you to make sure you have SP2 installed.

SP2, while a problem on some machines, is a very important update. There
are such major improvements in regards to security that it would be
foolish not to install it. And, if that's not an incentive enough, bear
in mind that once SP2 was out you had all the mal-doers who have figured
out how to exploit Windows XP pre-SP2. They look at SP2 and they see
where the deficiencies are. Theoretically speaking, by releasing SP2 the
bad guys were given a tool against non-SP2 users.

---Troth