-=PCTechTalk=- Re: H E L P ! I E will not go to a web page

  • From: ~OoO~ <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 22:24:06 -0500

Mozilla could be working perfectly fine with a firewall, while IE can be
getting blocked. Remember... a firewall can get specific on what
accesses the net and what doesn't.

And, even if you don't have a third-party firewall installed, Windows XP
has one included. With SP2 installed, you can get to the firewall by
going to START > CONTROL PANEL > SECURITY CENTER > WINDOWS FIREWALL.
Shut that down and see if IE is still being blocked.

If that doesn't do it, try going to TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS >
CONNECTIONS > then hit LAN SETTINGS below and no the next window make
sure there is no check mark in the option below where it says USE A
PROXY SERVER FOR YOUR LAN.

---Troth