-=PCTechTalk=- Re: DSL

  • From: David F Wooledge <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 18:20:34 -0400

One thing to remember with cable you share the connection with your
neighbors who are on cable for internet access.  The more people using
the cable at the same time the slower your speed will be.  also your
computer may show up on someones neighborhood network and you may be able
to see other peoples' computers.  Be sure you have a good firewall and I
would recommend running security checks often to be sure your files are
not accessable by tothes.

From: "Glo" <redowl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: DSL
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 23:29:35 -0700

Hi KC, well now that I know all about DSL ;o), I've decided to go to
cable
instead.  I hope this will prove to be a wise choice.  Cable is supposed
be as fast as it gets, but I live in a rural town (you may know Bullhead
City, AZ) and they have been upgrading cable for the past year or so,
supposedly my area is completed. We shall see...