-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Cris Re: Microsoft XP.

  • From: "faythe&al" <rem41mag@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2003 22:10:48 -0500

I've heard from many people that ME is junk ...
but when my son put in the USB port for me he didn't think I had enough room
for another hard drive, he said there was no slot available, that it would more
have to hang there ...
If I find out  I have to change anything else to use XP , maybe I will search
around for a tower & have my good 'guts' put into the tower & have another hard
drive & keep the ME program on it for that. Can you access the programs on it
or does that take other steps? I don't quite understand , if you can't boot
from it, is it still usable? & for what reason would you keep it in there ?
thanks,
Faythe

I had ME - can't help with the install questions - but I agree with the tech
support! I am sooooo glad I ditched my ME system - I have xp home - it is
amazing. with ME I had to re-boot several times/day and things were always
freezing or not working - and if you noticed, microsoft never put out fixes for
them - they came out with a new system....
When we put XP on here, I bought a new hard drive - larger. and put a clean
install of xp on here. I have my ME drive still - hooked up, but I can't boot
to it. I was able to get to stored files on there though, like my graphics etc.
Cris