-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Burning to CD

  • From: "andy" <barneystorm@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 21:31:53 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "SandiBeach" <SandiBeach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2003 8:23 PM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Burning to CD

> Thanks, Andy, for the excellent instructions.  Do I understand correctly
> that one can drag and drop to burn to CD but the data or pictures may not
be
> readable?  And I can be assured of readable material if I use the
software?
> Sandi

With W98, you can't drag and drop onto your CD Writer drive, no, you have to
do it through your CD writing program. XP has a built in writer (An version
of the software you've got), and you can drag and drop onto that though I
believe. I don't know because I prefer to use a proper writing program.

Here's a link to a better tutorial with screenshots for your version of the
software

http://www.saintmarys.edu/~merideth/CDwriter.htm

Remember, if you spol any discs, they make great drinks coaster, or string
them together to keep the birds off your garden!!

Cheers

Andy