-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Broadband control

  • From: RMB White <roguer@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2008 13:23:05 +1200

GMan! and Don!   thanks for even MORE helpful advice.

My ISP has a modem and router combimed, brandname Echolife HG520s from
the Huawei Group in China

 http://www.huawei.com/mobileweb/en/products/view.do?id=1220&pageId=nulll

Whilst it is all greek to me, I am sure both of you will understand it
in a flash; and I would value your comments

They wish to charge me an extra US$75 which I think reasonable for the
extra protection.

    ((Gman!, you will remember that Don said
> NOTE:  If you are going to use a trusted personal firewall such as
> Zone Alarm you can pass on the router
    Do you think I should pass the extra charge onto HIM??))

Roger W.