-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG v AVAST

  • From: "Scott" <millop69@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 23:11:06 -0700

Oh yea! All I can say is that I have tried both and have found Avast to find
things that were on my machine, (before I became more puter litterate), that
AVG didn't even acknowledge were even a threat. Also I turned a friend on to
it, and he ran a boot scan after ditching Norton and it (Avast) found about
7 items that Norton didn't seem to think were threats.
So far the majority of my group of friends here swear by it.
Just my 2 cents worth.
Scott.

Hi listers,

I have used AVG free for several years, and the current version does
everything I could ask for.  However, a friend of mine, who is in the PC
business tells me that AVAST Free is superior in that it does not slow a
PC as much.

I have d'l'd Avast and can't recognise any speed differences, and have
not had an update thus far (36hours) from it, but have had 2 from AVG.

Is thisa message?  I tend to believe it is saying AVG is better.

Any comments?

TIA

Rick H