-=PCTechTalk=- AVG v AVAST

  • From: "D H (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PCTT <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 09:02:48 +1200

Hi listers,

I have used AVG free for several years, and the current version does
everything I could ask for.  However, a friend of mine, who is in the PC
business tells me that AVAST Free is superior in that it does not slow a
PC as much.

I have d'l'd Avast and can't recognise any speed differences, and have
not had an update thus far (36hours) from it, but have had 2 from AVG.

Is thisa message?  I tend to believe it is saying AVG is better.

Any comments?

TIA

Rick H