-=PCTechTalk=- Cache problem

  • From: "Judith" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 14:08:42 -0700

For months I had this cache problem with IE that was so
annoying.  I wrote about it here but no one could offer help.

My problem -- if I visited my website page on the Internet
before I changed and ftp'd my new page to my web hosting server,
IE would not show the changes.

So I downloaded Firefox so I could see the changes and because
it is pickier with html coding than IE.

Anyhow, the other day I discovered that if I used firefox first
to view changes, then used IE -- the changes showed up.  There
was no cache problem.

Well today, I changed a few pages but IE would not show the
changes even when I used the refresh button.  So I went into
Firefox which didn't show changes either, refreshed it and then
went back into IE which I had minimized and was sitting in my
taskbar.  The changes showed as soon as I refreshed it.

Apparently IE does not like to be outdone by Firefox (LOL).

And I AM a happy camper because at least now I have a
workaround.

Judith
http://www.agoodread.com
http://PSP9Tutorial.blogspot.com