-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AVG v AVAST

  • From: "D H (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 09:49:22 +1200

Thanks, ML,

As you will recall, I have used AVG free for years.  I changed to Avast
during this week, and I am not greatly impressed. In fact have already
reverted to AVG,which I had only suspended in MSCONFIG.  I found
Thunderbird Mail needed 're-wrapping',or lines went on for ever(?), and
other things were 'different', even my mouse responses seemed to have
found the need for an extra click.  So, since my first enquiry half an
hour ago, I have done a system restore, and mail is working properly
again, with the 'carriage returns' occurring where they used to. I'm
going out shortly and will have a chat with my pal to see what he has to
say.

BTW, doesn't AVG tell you by email that there is an update for you? It
does for me, and all I do is right click on the AVG icon in the
taskbar(or is it the SystemTray, by the time lower right hand corner),
choose 'check for updates'. Only takes seconds on ADSL 256kbps.