-=PCTechTalk=- MS Word Error

  • From: "Glo" <redowl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2003 01:23:17 -0700

Hi All, I created a document in MS Word on my computer at work.  I saved it
to 'My Documents' then emailed it to my home computer as an attachment with
the name Letter.doc to work on it later.  When I went to open it in Word (at
home) it won't open and I get an error message MSWRD832.CNV and it tries to
open in Word Pad.  I have a feeling this has something to do with converting
the file (?), but I don't understand what it means.  Why wouldn't it open?
(when I clicked the attachment I got the "open with" list.) I send a lot of
Word documents as attachments to others at work and they always open.  Does
anyone know what happened here?  My work computer runs W-2000 and at home I
run ME--could that be the problem? --Glo

---