-=PCTechTalk=- Re: question settings internet.

  • From: "~OoO~" <SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 23:25:33 -0400

You said the shortcut has a name on it...
do you mean the shortcut is called something? Or do you mean clicking on the
shortcut brings you to a login screen, where you are then connected?

If the latter, then you have a PPPoE connection, and you will need software for
that. I think Winpoet, if that's not what you already use. Its really an iffy
thing. Most of the time, with DSL and/or cable, after a reinstall, you just
plug in the ethernet to the modem and you're well on your way, connection
automatically set up. But, if your DSL company uses PPPoE, that means you need
to sign in first. And, you need a program to do it.

If your company gave you a setup CD, that's probably what you would need for
the PPPoE connection. Otherwise, check your ISP's website.

..::[ Sir Troth ]::..
ICQ: 1717439
AIM: SirTrothX
MSN: SirTroth@xxxxxxxxxxx