[pchelpers] empty line between (relevant) quoted part and answer

  • From: "Ekhart GEORGI (last name last)" <ekhart.georgi@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2010 12:25:46 +0200

Hi John

>> There are some list members with
>> vision impairment. And most people with normal vision also find it
>> almost impossible to understand your messages or are extremely annoyed
>> that you force them to reread all the quoted text to look for something
>> that is possibly a comment by you because it's almost impossible to see
>> where the quoted part ends. This is especially true when you write
>> comments in between quoted parts.
>
> I don't recall this issue arising before. Ar you introducing a new
> standard for all?

I have tried to make you aware of this issue many times before, but
apparently i did a poor job because this is the first time that you've
reacted to this suggestion. I will forward a few of the old messages and
replies by others because these contain additional information on the
issue of posting style.

I am not introducing a new standard. I'm simply explaining how you can
make your replies less annoying and frustrating for list members with
vision impairment and for the list members who feel unconfortable with
the (good) traditional posting style of answers after the quoted old
message. (In addition to the empty line, it's of course necessary to
remove all parts of the quoted message that are not necessary for
understanding your reply.)

> Flash was uninstalled, thanks. I didn't bother to reinstall afterward.
> When the system needs it, I will look into the matter again.

Please go to the test site for Flash (and at least the first five
others) on http://kb.mozillazine.org/Testing_plugins and please retry
the page that you had trouble with
http://www.fukgames.com/game/16820/library-kiss to make sure this issue
is resolved because it'll be much more work starting troubleshooting
again from zero in case you again have problems with this or other
plugins. Firefox now uses a plugin container and it's best to rule out
one possible cause at a time.