[pchelpers] Re: Stopzilla

  • From: Ar19102@xxxxxxx
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2010 12:46:54 EST

In a message dated 11/14/2010 8:07:31 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

On  15/11/2010 12:33 p.m., Ar19102@xxxxxxx wrote:
> Does anyone use or know  anything about the anti-spyware  program from
> Mozilla, called  Stopzilla?  I was not sure if was causing any  slowness
or  not
> (as in is that program conflicting with this  program).   I do still use
AOL
> software but only sometimes. I  all do  mail at webmail.aol.com
>
> And I'd like to know of any conflicts  or bad experience with  AVG anti
> virus free  software.
>
> Also are there any other free antivirus programs  besides  McAfee which
> comes with AOL but for some reson I never  did trust  it.
What about bitdefender 10? It's free and quite  effective for a while
(after which it stops working when its subscription  runs out).
> I do admit AOL is a problem depending of what version one  may  use, and
> the newer versions have a process called  aolsoftware.exe which I close
down
> if it is showing in task  manager and the same goes for  aolload.
>
> To free up even  more space that I've already done I can be  sure to get
all
> of  the application date folders for AOL that are not in    use.
>
> It is the archives and the applets that get me thinking  I'd  love to know
> what goes on with them and where do they come  from and where do  they go
to.
>   archives from my hard  drive from ME got onto my new  XP(?)   how
amazing.

> Arlene
PS: How much of your  hard drive is free space? (Check in "My Computer).

John, you kow this is noth8ing new for me. But keep saying 'do  not  fear
it'll work out'  here and real life too.
Arlene