[pchelpers] Re: Scandisk Fails

  • From: "Cyril Halbach" <kr3y@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 16:01:34 -0400

Scott, thanks for the URL.

Here is the story on the hard drive:     Since scandisk would not work in
SAFE mode and Disk Image would not build a disk image I used my secondary
zip backup to zip up the folders and backed up the registry.

  Before reformatting the C: Drive I booted with the backup diskette and did
a DOS scandisk.  It took many hours for it to complete. Thought it would
never finish. However to my amazement it actually worked and corrected all
the "Cross Linked" problems.
    Running PowerMax diagnostic gave my C Drive a clean bill of health.

        Cy