[pchelpers] Re: Maxtor Personal Storage 3200

  • From: John Durham <john.modec@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 08:22:31 +1200

Gerald Gollinger wrote:
> Below the dotted line is the specifications for the Maxtor Personal Storage
> 3200.  My processor is 1.2 or 1.3 GHz but a Celeron and not a Pentium III.
> The processor speed exceeds Maxtor minimum.   Does the chip make a difference?
>
>   I have SP 2 on my PC (downloaded and not factory installed).  Is this a
> factor?
>

>   The Maxtor diagnostic tool indicates no unit attached.  I read some where
> on the Maxtor Website that that hard drive has to be partitioned.  Some where
> else it reads upon installation a new drive letter shows up.
>
>   I am not sure if my PC meets the minimum requirements, the portable drive
> is defective or if I am doing something wrong.  Any ideas?
>
>   Gerald
The processor would probably handle that, as would the operating system.
Have you tested the USB connection to see what other things it might
accept? Normally, the USB plugs in with the system on to give the
software a chance to detect the new hardware. NOTE: It would be best if
the drive had its own power supply, rather than one that sucks power
from the PC to drive it.

--
Regards, John Durham <http://modecideas.com/contact.html?sig>
ICQ number 112663246