[pchelpers] Re: Maxtor Personal Storage 3200

  • From: Gerald Gollinger <gerald3nyc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 13:01:13 -0700 (PDT)

The Maxtor diagnostic  toll indicates No Maxtor installed.  I simply want to
install it.   And I am wondering if the fact that I have a Celeron 1.2 GHz  and
not a Pentium with mininum speed of 500 MHz is a factor that is hindering
installation.  What about SP 2.  Oh yes this unit has reverse compatibility USB
2/1.1.
Cyril Halbach <cyril.kr3y@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:  Maybe I am coming in here late, I
just do not know what you are trying to
do. The drive is a hard drive plain and simple. It shows up in the Explore
folder just like any other drive. You can drag and drop things to it in the
same manner as you can any other drive. What specifically are you trying to
do with it?
Cy

On 6/7/06, Gerald Gollinger wrote:

> Below the dotted line is the specifications for the Maxtor Personal
> Storage 3200. My processor is 1.2 or 1.3 GHz but a Celeron and not a
> Pentium III. The processor speed exceeds Maxtor minimum. Does the chip
> make a difference?
>
> I have SP 2 on my PC (downloaded and not factory installed). Is this a
> factor?
>

> The Maxtor diagnostic tool indicates no unit attached. I read some
> where on the Maxtor Website that that hard drive has to be
> partitioned. Some where else it reads upon installation a new drive letter
> shows up.
>
> I am not sure if my PC meets the minimum requirements, the portable
> drive is defective or if I am doing something wrong. Any ideas?
>
> Gerald

Regards, John Durham (list moderator)

http://mail.yahoo.com