[passcoalition] Re: mission

  • From: Gene Bourquin DHA <oandmhk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: PASS listserv <passcoalition@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 08:13:07 -0400

Mike, I see your point.  Maybe, once 7th Ave and 23rd Street is behind us, we
can look to a broader focus in all five boroughs.
If no one else can do the website stuff, I am willing.  Just asking for a
little more patience.  I'm still in Bangkok, and promise on my return to the
USA I will pursue it.

Gene

Dr. Eugene
A Bourquin
_____________________________
DHA, COMS, CI & CT,
CLVT

Support deafblind children in Guatemala!
Go to www.FRIENDSofFUNDAL.org
Visit: http://www.bourquinconsulting.com/

Date: Wed, 3 Aug 2011 07:01:40 -0400
From: mikeg125@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [passcoalition] Re: mission
To: passcoalition@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sorry Gene I know nothing about building websites and really don’t have the
time to learn right now.   The reason I bring to this list the work I am doing
in Brooklyn is because I want a wide spread effort to install APS throughout
NYC not just on 23rd and 7th where the efforts seem to be concentrated.  I
submitted a list that has gone unaddressed except for the request to narrow.
Fact is, we as a coalitions have been working with the Manhattan DOT
commissioner and not the NYC DOT commissioner where I believe our efforts
should be concentrated thus mandating a city wide effort not a single borough
effort.  Please don’t misunderstand me the education for the Manhattan DOT will
go far in assisting them in understanding our issue; however, we really must
understand the Manhattan DOT only works and cares about Manhattan not informing
their colleagues of the issue. Thanks for your understanding,Mike   From:
passcoalition-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:passcoalition-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Gene Bourquin DHA
Sent: Tuesday, August 02, 2011 11:12 PM
To: PASS listserv
Subject: [passcoalition] mission Mike, I believe our mission already covers
many topics related to safe travel environments.  The difficulty is, of course,
that we are a small groups with an even smaller number of people actually doing
direct work.  It's not our mission, but how much we can practically take on,
that restricts us. We don't have a group of interns to work for us.  We have a
few of us spending many hours trying to effect change.  And our focused goals
right now are already a challenge. I wish that your agency had collaborated
with PASS on the Brooklyn project you are spearheading.  Instead we now have
efforts for many APS in a small area of Brooklyn, while PASS advocates for the
best  widespread installation of APS across the city.  This doesn't seem like a
coordinated and effective approach. Karen and I have discussed the website
numerous times, and I am trying to find the time to identify an affordable
(very affordable) site with a good site-builder facility.  Maybe someone else
want to take this on.  Mike, if you can do it faster and more efficiently, go
for it.  And let me know how I can help. Thanks.

Gene

Dr. Eugene A Bourquin