[pasmembers] Re: Fwd: green laser pointer

  • From: Alex Vrenios <axv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2015 22:57:11 -0700

Sam,

Do you know if the insurance PAS carries against “tripping over tripod legs,
etc.” issues covers an accidental laser beam into an eye? I don’t know if a
flash past someone’s eye can do any damage (I sincerely doubt it), but just in
case it can, it might be comforting to know that we’re covered, even if that
accidental condition isn’t explicitly stated.

By the way, from what I could find online, AZ law says shining a laser at a
“peace officer,” or into an occupied aircraft is unlawful. I found no mention
of any reference to laser color or power limits.

Alex

On Nov 25, 2015, at 9:06 PM, insanas (Redacted sender "insanas" for DMARC)
<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am not allowed to give legal advice now that I have retired after 35 years
of practicing.
You asked what I would do. I think the FDA for the last 35 years has given
more breaks to commercial entities and less to consumers. So when the FDA
suggests something is dangerous to consumersb, I wouldn't want to chance
hurting someone. As President of PAS I suggest we all be careful with
anything that could hurt anyone at our star parties. If PAS wants to hire an
attorney for hundreds of dollars for a legal opinion, we could do that. I
just suggest we be as careful as we can unless anyone in our club demands
that we get a legal opinion.
Sam

From: pasmembers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: pasmembers-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx