[OMB] Re: Call for presentation subjects

  • From: Eric Slagle <slagoraphobia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: overmountainbrewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2013 17:17:32 -0500

I have a few suggestions just for my own curiosity.
-Water characteristics of the different beer regions of Europe and how it
affected the type of beer that developed there.
-How Sake is brewed.
-Discussion of some of the other bittering/ preservative ingredients used
in beer before hops became dominate.
- A book meeting in which everyone brings their 2 most prized brewing
related literature.
-Using buckwheat to make a gluten free beer.
-Tim's suggestion at the January meeting: How to enter a competition.
-A meeting in which each member discusses the recipe they can't seem to get
right.
-SMASH brewing. Single Malt and Single Hop.
Please let me know if this sparks any thoughts.
Eric