Re: views on views on views

  • From: Nigel Thomas <nigel.cl.thomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 08:46:13 +0000

This thread seems to have forked: one strand is the often hashed over
"database independence" anti-pattern, and the other is the equally often
debated "where should I build my application tier" (called "database vs
application" above).

On the latter subject, Toon Koppelaar has already been cited. I recommend
his blog and particularly yesterday's fascinating post
<http://thehelsinkideclaration.blogspot.com/2009/03/jee-and-traditional-mvc-part-2.html>on
where the M,V and C in an Model/View/Controller application can reside. Read
it and laugh... Best is that he honestly considers pros and cons rather than
religiously sticking to a one size fits all prejudice.

Regards Nigel