RE: performance in 10g

  • From: <Govind.Arumugam@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2007 08:37:46 -0500

We ran into the similar problem in a WHSE environment but moved from 8i to 10g.
 The recommendation from Oracle was to set the optimizer_feature_enable to
8.1.7;  This was done about a month. We are still on this workaround through a
logon trigger for the app user. They use a generic id to login.

Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.2.0 - 64bit Production
With the Partitioning, OLAP and Data Mining options

appuser > show parameter optimizer

NAME                                 TYPE                             VALUE
optimizer_dynamic_sampling           integer                          0
optimizer_features_enable            string                           8.1.7
optimizer_index_caching              integer                          0
optimizer_index_cost_adj             integer                          75
optimizer_mode                       string                           CHOOSE
optimizer_secure_view_merging        boolean                          TRUE