Re: performance in 10g

  • From: "Don Seiler" <don@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidb158@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:58:52 -0600

As Wolfgang, said, make sure you have current system stats, and even
then you might want to fiddle with MBRC to lower the appeal of full
table scans to the CBO.

Don.

On 1/25/07, David Boyd <davidb158@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
We're still testing queries in dev.  The execution plan is much different
between 9i and 10g.  We see a lot more full table scan in 10g/CBO than
9i/RBO.

>Maybe I'm missing sonething here (no coffee yet). You say that you tested
>your upgrade under 10g. Now some of the queries that were okay in test are
>not good in production?
>     Just a dumb idea, couldn't you inspect the query plan for those
>queries
>to get an idea of how they differ, maybe there is a single table involved
>or
>something.
>     Anyway, there are people with FAR better SQL tuning knowledge on this
>list than I so please listen to them, but this might be something to check
>into in the meantime.
>
>Dennis Williams

From predictions to trailers, check out the MSN Entertainment Guide to the
Academy Awards(r)