Re: performance in 10g

  • From: "David Boyd" <davidb158@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracledba.williams@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:31:34 -0500

We're still testing queries in dev. The execution plan is much different between 9i and 10g. We see a lot more full table scan in 10g/CBO than 9i/RBO.

Maybe I'm missing sonething here (no coffee yet). You say that you tested
your upgrade under 10g. Now some of the queries that were okay in test are
not good in production?
Just a dumb idea, couldn't you inspect the query plan for those queries to get an idea of how they differ, maybe there is a single table involved or
something.
    Anyway, there are people with FAR better SQL tuning knowledge on this
list than I so please listen to them, but this might be something to check
into in the meantime.

Dennis Williams

From predictions to trailers, check out the MSN Entertainment Guide to the Academy Awards® http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline1