performance in 10g

  • From: "David Boyd" <davidb158@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 08:23:23 -0500

Hi List,

We upgraded our 9.2.0.6 database to 10.2.0.2. Our database is kind of data warehouse. We see worse performance for many queries that we benchmarked in 10g. We used rule-base optimizer in 9i and expected we have to tune some queries with cost-base optimizer individually. I was wondering what we can tune at database level first. We have done testing at various optimizer_index_cost_adj values and no big difference found. Any advice will be highly appreciated.

Dave

Check out all that glitters with the MSN Entertainment Guide to the Academy Awards® http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline2