Re: migrating 9i/HP-UX DB to 10g/Solaris

  • From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx, dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:34:29 -0700 (PDT)

Either way works. Transportable tablespace is probably
best for larger databases if you can upgrade first.
Dan's export/import suggestion is great for smaller
databases (I suggest you enable and monitor resumable
space management!!)

go go gaget transportable tablespace!

RF
--- Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> If the database is upgraded to 10gR2, cross platform
> database conversion
> would be handy than the transport tablespaces.
>

> On 6/25/07, Dan Norris <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
> >
> > If it is a small database, I'd probably use export
> 9i -> import 10g. If
> > it's got any significant size, I'd consider
> upgrading to 10g on HPUX, then
> > use transportable tablespaces to Solaris/10g.

Robert G. Freeman
Portable DBA: Oracle  (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press)
Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)
Oracle Replication (Rampant Tech Press)
Mastering Oracle8i (Sybex)
Oracle8 to 8i Upgrade Exam Cram (Coriolis <RIP>)
Oracle 7.3 to 8 Upgrade Exam Cram (Coriolis <RIP>)