Re: migrating 9i/HP-UX DB to 10g/Solaris

  • From: Tim Gorman <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 15:44:59 -0600

Using transportable tablespaces across platforms (i.e. HP-UX to Solaris) is only possible with ASM, no?  So, to follow your recommendation, wouldn't he also have to add a step to migrate from file-system to ASM after upgrading to Oracle10g?  Not a trivial undertaking...

...2 more pesos....

Dan Norris wrote:
If it is a small database, I'd probably use export 9i -> import 10g. If it's got any significant size, I'd consider upgrading to 10g on HPUX, then use transportable tablespaces to Solaris/10g.

Just my 2 pesos.

Dan