RE: migrating 9i/HP-UX DB to 10g/Solaris

  • From: <Joel.Patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <dannorris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <tim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 09:46:01 -0400

I believe upgrading to 10g may very well be required to perform
cross-platform transportable tablespaces.   However, it would probably
be faster.   Is is not limited by ASM.   Your going to be upgrading
anyway with export/import, so manual upgrade is not necessarily an
ordeal.   Note: 316889.1

Joel Patterson
Database Administrator
joel.patterson@xxxxxxxxxxx