Re: local write wait event

  • From: "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <chupit@xxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 21:05:40 +0100

The only time I have seen local write wait
and tracked it back to source, it has been
the query co-ordinator cleaning up after
parallel execution slaves have been involved
in parallel create table / index.  Each slave
thinks it owns a segment, so creates a segment
header as the first block of the data it generates.
The QC wipes all but one of them and puts them
into the segment free list.

There may be other reasons that I've not yet
come across.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Optimising Oracle Seminar - schedule updated Sept 19th