RE: local write wait event

  • From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj@xxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:30:31 -0700

Mark,

>You don't mention a version, but it sounds to me like you'd want
>to use global temporary tables and avoid the TRUNCATE all together.

This is on OracleApps 11.5.7 based on 8.1.7.4 - the application is Oracle's
own, and something that cannot be changed by the customer. I just wanted to
stress Gopal's assertion that the 'local write wait' could also be prevalent
when truncating large tables and the related buffers are in the cache. We
have no other 'write' issues on the SAN hosting this database (all my disks
are RAID1 - BAARF!), but we do see a large number of 'local write waits'
which is due to this issue.

Hope this explains!
John